- SIMULATION & FLOWSHEETING
- Steady-state simulation and optimization of processes
- ProSimPlus HNO3
- Simulation and optimization of nitric acid plants and nitrous vapors absorption
- ProSim DAC
- Dynamic adsorption column simulation
- BATCH PROCESSES
- Simulation and optimization of batch distillation columns
- Simulation of chemical reactors in batch mode
- HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Simulation of brazed plate fin heat exchangers
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- ProSimPlus Energy
- Simulation and optimization for energy efficiency of steady-state processes
- Simulis Pinch
- Process energy integration in Microsoft Excel
- We make sure to deliver a Premium Support and knowledge for you to realize the full potential and functionalities of your software. Our customers are our Priority!
- View it, Read it, Download it, Test it...
- APPLICATION EXAMPLES
- With ProSimPlus
- With ProSimPlus HNO3
- With ProSim DAC
- With Simulis Thermodynamics
- With BatchReactor
- With ProSec
- GETTING STARTED WITH ...
- Presentations (demos) to take the first steps with the software
- Simulis Thermodynamics
- We are dedicated to bringing you the best in process simulation and optimization.
- PROSIM NEWS & EVENTS
- PRESS RELEASES
- Follow ProSim latest news
- Read the last newsletter
- EVENTS & CONFERENCES
- Meet with us during professionnal events around the world
ProSim is making these application examples available to you to demonstrate how our simulation solutions are able to handle the different processes encountered in the chemical industries.
Note: these files are provided "as is" without any warranty of any nature whatsoever. ProSim does not warrant that the functions contained in the programs are error free nor that they will meet user's requirements. ProSim makes no warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. ProSim shall have no responsibility or liability for damages arising out of or related to the delivery, use, efficiency, or suitability of these examples or the application of the results.
The example presented below is designed to illustrate the use of ProSec.
LPG recovery unit
This example shows a brazed plate-fin heat exchanger used in a process of LPG recovery from a natural gas. This heat exchanger is modeled using ProSec, ProSim’s CAPE-OPEN compliant unit operation dedicated to the simulation of brazed plate-fin heat exchangers.
ProSec allows taking into account the effect of the stacking and of the pressure drop on the enthalpy curves.
Simulation of a brazed plate-fin heat exchanger with ProSec CAPE-OPEN unit operation
This example shows brazed plate-fin heat exchanger with two fluids. There is a side stream on the hot stream and an external recirculation on the cold stream. This heat exchanger is modeled using ProSec, ProSim’s CAPE-OPEN compliant unit operation dedicated to the simulation of brazed plate-fin heat exchangers. ProSec can take into account the effect of the stacking and of the pressure drop on the enthalpy curves.
In this example, the ProSec unit operation runs inside the ProSimPlus environment, i.e., within the ProSimPlus simulation software where the thermodynamic and physico-chemical data needed are automatically calculated using Simulis Thermodynamics, the thermodynamic calculation server of ProSimPlus.