- SIMULATION & FLOWSHEETING
- Steady-state simulation and optimization of processes
- ProSimPlus HNO3
- Simulation and optimization of nitric acid plants and nitrous vapors absorption
- BATCH DISTILLATION
- Simulation and optimization of batch distillation columns
- BATCH REACTORS
- Simulation of chemical reactors in batch mode
- HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Simulation of brazed plate fin heat exchangers
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- Utilities management and power plant optimization
- We make sure to deliver a Premium Support and knowledge for you to realize the full potential and functionalities of your software.
- View it, Read it, Download it, Test it...
- GETTING STARTED WITH ...
- Presentations (demos) to take the first steps with the software
- Simulis Thermodynamics
Pure component thermodynamic properties database
ProSim is one of the few distributors of the DIPPR® database from AICHE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers). This database is the main reference for the thermophysical properties of pure components and contains the updated and controlled properties of numerous components, including all industrially relevant components.
One of the richest thermodynamic database available on the market.
A property database of more than 2,000 pure components.
ProSim is one of the few distributors of the DIPPR® database from AICHE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers). This database is the main reference for the thermophysical properties of pure components and contains the updated and controlled properties of numerous components, including all industrially relevant components. The properties covered include data for 29 fixed-value properties (molar weight, critical temperature, critical pressure, etc.) and correlation coefficients for 15 temperature-dependent properties (liquid and vapor heat capacity, vapor pressure, liquid and vapor viscosity, etc).
ProSim's DIPPR L12+ is an enriched version of the DIPPR® database. It provides reliable and up-to-date information for more than 2200 compounds. The information added by ProSim's experts comes from in depth research projects and studies.
DIPPR L12+ is available as an option in most ProSim software packages, particularly ProSimPlus, Simulis Thermodynamics and ProPhyPlus. This option completes the thermodynamic package of ProSim, already considered one of the richest and most reliable.
"With DIPPR L12+, users have access to the best pure component properties data available. This guarantees them the most reliable results when performing thermodynamic calculations and process simulation, in particular with ProSim's software," explains Stéphane Déchelotte, Chief Executive Officer of ProSim.
The DIPPR L12+ database can be purchased online, on ProSim's web site, with Simulis Thermodynamics or Simulis Properties.
|View the following documents:|
The constant properties available in the database are :
- Molecular Weight
- Critical Temperature, Pressure, Volume, and Compressibility Factor
- Melting Point
- Normal Boiling Point
- Enthalpy of Formation (Ideal Gas and Standard State)
- Gibbs Energy of Formation (Ideal Gas and Standard State)
- Entropy (Ideal Gas and Standard State)
- Enthalpy of Fusion
- Acentric Factor
- Radius of Gyration
- Solubility Parameter
- Dipole Moment
- Van der Waals Volume and Area
- Refractive Index
(the temperature-dependent properties in this list are given at 298.15 K and 1 atm)
For 15 temperature-dependent properties, temperature equation coefficients, applicable upper and lower temperature limits, and values computed at the limits are included.
The temperature-dependent properties in the database are:
- Liquid and Solid Density
- Liquid and Solid Vapor Pressure
- Heat of Vaporization
- Ideal Gas, Liquid, and Solid Heat Capacity
- Second Virial Coefficient
- Vapor and Liquid Viscosity
- Vapor, Liquid, and Solid Thermal Conductivity
- Surface Tension
Additional information on the DIPPR® database is available from AIChE.