- SIMULATION & FLOWSHEETING
- Steady-state simulation and optimization of processes
- ProSimPlus HNO3
- Simulation and optimization of nitric acid plants and nitrous vapors absorption
- ProSim DAC
- Dynamic adsorption column simulation
- BATCH PROCESSES
- Simulation and optimization of batch distillation columns
- Simulation of chemical reactors in batch mode
- HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Simulation of brazed plate fin heat exchangers
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- ProSimPlus Energy
- Simulation and optimization for energy efficiency of steady-state processes
- Simulis Pinch
- Process energy integration in Microsoft Excel
- We make sure to deliver a Premium Support and knowledge for you to realize the full potential and functionalities of your software. Our customers are our Priority!
- View it, Read it, Download it, Test it...
- APPLICATION EXAMPLES
- With ProSimPlus
- With ProSimPlus HNO3
- With ProSim DAC
- With Simulis Thermodynamics
- With BatchReactor
- With ProSec
- GETTING STARTED WITH ...
- Presentations (demos) to take the first steps with the software
- Simulis Thermodynamics
- We are dedicated to bringing you the best in process simulation and optimization.
- PROSIM NEWS & EVENTS
- PRESS RELEASES
- Follow ProSim latest news
- Read the last newsletter
- EVENTS & CONFERENCES
- Meet with us during professionnal events around the world
Dynamic Adsorption Column Simulation
ProSim DAC is a dynamic simulation software for adsorption columns. Both adsorption and regeneration steps (TSA, PSA, VTSA…) can be modeled. ProSim DAC is a decision support tool to conduct in-depth analysis of solid-gas adsorption operations including refinery hydrogen purification, isotopic separation, VOC emission control, solvent recovery... The software is mainly used in nuclear, air treatment and hydrogen studies.
Easy simulation and cyclic process management
In-depth analysis of solid-gas adsorption operations
A property database containing more than 2,200 components
A full set of thermodynamic models
A full set of isotherm models
SOFTWARE FOR THE SIMULATION, OPTIMIZATION AND ANALYSIS OF INDUSTRIAL GAS ADSORPTION PROCESSES
ProSim DAC is a software developed by ProSim engineers for process engineers. The objective of the software is to enable process simulation and optimization for a large range of industrial gas adsorption processes such as cyclic processes (pressure-swing adsorption, temperature-swing adsorption…). The software will allow the selection of optimal adsorbents, the design of improved adsorption cycles, and the improvement of general plant operations. The user is able to quickly test process modifications and their performance.
ProSim DAC is a specific software based on our successful ProSimPlus product, so it uses the same graphical user interface and graphical capabilities as ProSimPlus.
Easy simulation and cyclic process management
Modeling capabilities for a wide variety of adsorbents (activated carbon, zeolites...)
Many different models are included (isotherm type, thermal working, mass transfer model…)
Improved process understanding
Improved process design
Improved plant operations
Safety studies (hot spots…)
Time-dependent feed characteristics
Selection of 2 types of columns: lengthwise flow column or transverse flow column:
Processes include Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA), Temperature Swing Adsorption (TSA), Steam regeneration, Vacuum Thermal Swing Adsorption (VTSA)
Database of properties for many activated carbon materials
Isotherm library (Langmuir, Toth, Dubinin-Radushkevich, Langmuir extended, Sips...)
Database and predictive isotherm for VOC – Activated carbon systems
Cycle organizer and task manager
OBJECTIVES OF PROSIM DAC:
Dynamic simulation of the running operations of the adsorption columns: adsorption and regeneration
To solve the mass and energy balance equations
To calculate the properties (flow, composition, temperature, pressure, physical properties...) of all the fluids
To provide all the necessary information to estimate the sizing of the equipment (heat duty, adsorbed quantities...)
ProSim DAC interface
Adsorption column parameters
Tabulated results (graph)
Adsorption column - Results file
Reports for the adsorption column & its streams
What are the hardware requirements for ProSim DAC?
Intel (or equivalent) based PC with:
• 2 GB RAM or more (4 GB recommended).
• 32-bit or 64-bit operating system such as Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 (please consult for other systems).
• At least 2 GB free disk space after install for optimal desktop performance.
• Internet access to download the software (or CD drive).