- SIMULATION & FLOWSHEETING
- Steady-state simulation and optimization of processes
- ProSimPlus HNO3
- Simulation and optimization of nitric acid plants and nitrous vapors absorption
- ProSim DAC
- Dynamic adsorption column simulation
- BATCH PROCESSES
- Simulation and optimization of batch distillation columns
- Simulation of chemical reactors in batch mode
- HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Simulation of brazed plate fin heat exchangers
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- ProSimPlus Energy
- Simulation and optimization for energy efficiency of steady-state processes
- Simulis Pinch
- Process energy integration in Microsoft Excel
- We make sure to deliver a Premium Support and knowledge for you to realize the full potential and functionalities of your software. Our customers are our Priority!
- View it, Read it, Download it, Test it...
- APPLICATION EXAMPLES
- With ProSimPlus
- With ProSimPlus HNO3
- With ProSim DAC
- With Simulis Thermodynamics
- With BatchReactor
- With ProSec
- GETTING STARTED WITH ...
- Presentations (demos) to take the first steps with the software
- Simulis Thermodynamics
- We are dedicated to bringing you the best in process simulation and optimization.
- PROSIM NEWS & EVENTS
- PRESS RELEASES
- Follow ProSim latest news
- Read the last newsletter
- EVENTS & CONFERENCES
- Meet with us during professionnal events around the world
Energy Integration of Processes in Microsoft® Excel
Simulis Pinch allows any engineer to easily apply the pinch technology to find the best possible energy exchanges between streams to be heated and streams to be cooled. All the constraints of the plant (distances, incompatible exchanges...) can be taken into account in this method. Simulis Pinch performs an energy audit of a process, determines its maximum energy performance and identifies if a better energy integration will significantly reduce the utilities consumption of the process. Simulis Pinch makes it possible to quickly estimate the real energy efficiency for the process.
All the features necessary for an advanced energy audit in one tool.
Automatic and rapid synthesis of an efficient network of heat exchangers.
A great configuration flexibility to use in design or revamping.
Microsoft® Excel Add-in with complete results processing and analysis that is simple to use.
A standalone solution or in conjunction with a process simulation software.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY - ACHIEVE SIGNIFICANT ENERGY SAVINGS WITH SIMULIS PINCH
A tool dedicated to energy efficiency using the pinch method.
Simulis Pinch consists of two parts:
The first part allows you to do the energy diagnostic of the process. The diagnostic identifies the minimum requirement of hot utilities and cold utilities, the maximum recoverable energy using the energy integration method and the temperature at the pinch point. The engineer can thus conduct a complete preliminary analysis on energy efficiency and verify that the utilities production on site meets the real needs of the process. The energy diagnosis is based on pinch technology and uses the characteristics (initial temperature, final temperature and energy flux) of the hot streams and the cold streams flowing inside the process.
The second part is the energy integration of a process. The energy integration concept refers to the optimal synthesis of a heat exchanger network that achieves maximum energy recovery, i.e. to reach the process operating point with the minimum of energy required by coupling the hot fluids (energy givers) and the cold fluids (energy consumers). The implemented method consists in choosing from among all possible exchanges between hot and cold streams that meet the user’s criteria (minimum exchange strength, …), and then deciding which are the best ones (maximum exchanged strength, best efficiency…).
Simulis Pinch : Heat exchangers network analysis window
This chart illustrates the need in hot utility, in cold utility, the maximum recoverable heat duty and the pinch temperature.
The area that applies to the recoverable heat duty appears in green.
Simulis Pinch: process energy integration tool integrated in Microsoft Excel™.
Simulis Pinch is an independent tool, directly available in Microsoft Excel™. It also can be used within ProSimPlus software. Then, the combination of ProSimPlus and Simulis Pinch identifies opportunities to reduce operating costs and increase throughput with an energy utilization analysis. This combination is very powerful when trying to improve the energy efficiency of complex processes.
- Simulis Pinch has a pragmatic approach: the objective is to ensure, in a very short time, to propose various heat exchanger network solutions that meet the real constraints of the industrial site (fluids compatibility, distance,…).
Compared to the "manual" approach (limited to only very few streams and tedious when testing different scenarios) and mathematical approaches (limited by very lengthy calculations required for real industrial processes with many streams, leading most of the time to unrealistic solutions in terms of couplings and unproductive when the cost of units are very different depending on the couplings), the unique approach of Simulis Pinch makes it thus a particularly effective tool.
- The list of hot streams and cold streams flowing inside the process with their characteristics (initial temperature, final temperature and energy flow) can be entered in Excel or can be generated automatically during a process simulation using ProSimPlus.
- The various diagnostic results and the overall heat exchanger network can then be viewed in various graphical forms (temperature/enthalpy diagram...).
- In the automatic synthesis of a ‘good’ heat exchanger network, it is possible to take into account the specific constraints on particular exchanges, for example, due to fluids incompatibility, different plants, distance, difficulties, etc.
- After calculating the energy integration, the various exchanges between hot streams and cold streams and the overall exchanger network can be viewed in different forms: graphs, tables of numerical values ...
- In addition to being easy-to-use and user-friendly, since Simulis Pinch is used directly in Excel, the user can take advantage of all of the additional data and results processing available in Excel, and also combine Simulis Pinch with other Excel-compatible tools available from ProSim, such as Simulis Thermodynamics (mixture properties and fluid phase equilibria calculations solution) or Simulis Numerics (library of numerical tools, optimization ...).
What are the hardware requirements for Simulis Pinch?
Intel (or equivalent) based PC with:
• 2 GB RAM or more (4 GB recommended).
• 32-bit or 64-bit operating system such as Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2012 (please consult for other systems).
• Microsoft Excel™ 32 bits or 64 bits.
• At least 2 GB free disk space after install for optimal desktop performance.
• Internet access (to download the software).