Simulation des colonnes de distillation discontinues
From 11 March 2020 to 12 March 2020
Trainees will study different rigorous methods to analyse issues related to batch distillation (design, quality control...) using the BatchColumn software.
At the end of the session, participants will be better equipped to evaluate the optimization potential of the different parameters that govern their column and to plan for modification on their equipment.
Who should attend?
This level 1 training session is designed for those involved in safety, sizing, design and optimization studies of distillation columns, in particular engineers working on batch production processes or in laboratories. It is also relevant to those involved in solvent regeneration and in VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) treatment.
First day: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Main characteristics
- Numerical methods
- General Methodology
- Compounds & Thermodynamics
- Physico-chemical properties
- Equilibria calculations
- Transport properties
- Simulis Thermodynamics within BatchColumn: presentation & examples
- Modeling of a batch column
- Column topology
- Theoretical stages / plate efficiency / column internal
- Hold-up and pressure profiles
- Initial conditions
- Feeds / sidestreams
- Condenser / decanter
- Heating / cooling device
- BatchColumn: presentation and examples
Second day: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Technological database
- Simulis Technologies: presentation
- Process Modeling
- Operating steps
- Operating modes
- Feeds / sidestreams
- Heat losses and inputs
- Report parameters
- Calculation starting
- - BatchColumn (cont.): presentation & examples
- Reactive distillation
- Using chemical reactions in BatchColumn
- BatchColumn (cont.): presentation & examples
- Chemical reaction description
- Simulis Reactions: presentation
Cost and Conditions
- The cost of this training session is 990 Euros (Exc VAT) per person.
- It includes the training participation, lunch, refreshments and documentation. Other travel and accommodation costs are not included.
A 290 Euros fee will be charged for cancellations within last week before session date.
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- As the number of participants is limited, please register at least 10 days before the training session.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel a course if there are not enough participants.
- Duration: two consecutive days
- Material: one computer for two persons
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Software to be used: BatchColumn
- Location: ProSim's office in Labège (Toulouse)
- Accommodation: some useful addresses here
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Basic knowledge in software utilization
Additional relevant trainings
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)
- Batch chemical reactors simulation