Introduction to Simulis Pinch and pinch analysis
This level 1 training course will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of the pinch method and its practice through Simulis Pinch Energy for the synthesis of heat exchangers networks.
At the end of the training session, participants will have the required elements to:
• Quantify the energy performance of a process and optimize it.
• Easily perform thermal pinch method (« pinch technology ») in order to compare actual heating and cooling utilities against targets to eliminate unnecessary energy use (achieve an energy audit).
• Conceive optimal heat exchangers networks to improve energy recovery and global energy efficiency of processes.
Ultimately they will have a practical experience of the Energy module of Simulis Pinch software allowing them to effectively practice the knowledge acquired during the training.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of a process. This session is very relevant for engineers facing the energy challenges: energy managers, energy auditors, eco-efficient facilities designers.
- Energy integration of processes
- Pinch method:
- Theory of the energy pinch method
- Energy diagnostic of processes
- Simulis Pinch:
- Software overview
- Synthesis of heat exchangers network (theory and practice)
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: one day on site or several half-days online
- Location: on customer site, at ProSim, virtually ...
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- anguage: training can take place in French or English.
- Equipment: one computer per person is recommended. A software license will be provided by ProSim for the duration of the training if necessary.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Materials used: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Methods used and assessment methods: the assessment of prior learning is carried out during training by carrying out several practical exercises.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: Simulis Pinch
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Background in energy efficiency
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.