Introduction to Simulis Pinch (Water) and pinch analysis
The objective of this level 1 training is to master the fundamental principles of the water pinch method (also called mass pinch) and its implementation through Simulis Pinch Water for the synthesis of water exchangers networks.
At the end of the training session, participants will have the required elements to:
• Quantify the water network performances of a process and optimize it.
• Easily perform water pinch method (« water pinch analysis WPA ») in order to compare the water consumption and process discharges compared to theoretical minima (achieve a "water" diagnosis of a process).
• Design efficient water networks to optimize process performance
Ultimately they will have a practical experience of the Water module of Simulis Pinch software allowing them to effectively practice the knowledge acquired during the training.
Who should attend?
This training is intended for engineers whose activity relates to the design, optimization and analysis of processes as well as for engineers in charge of the performances of a process. This training was designed specifically for people confronted with the environmental challenges of processes: energy and water managers at sites, process audit professionals, eco-efficient facilities designers.
- Energy integration of processes
- Pinch method:
- Theory of the water pinch method
- Water diagnostic of processes
- Simulis Pinch:
- Software overview
- Synthesis of water exchangers network (theory and practice)
Cost and Conditions
ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: One day or several half days online
- Material: one computer per person
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Location: you choose the location for the training course (on-site, ProSim's office, online...)
- Software to be used: the Water module of Simulis Pinch
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Background in energy efficiency
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment