Simulation and optimization of nitric acid plants and nitrous vapors absorption
From 2 November 2021 to 5 November 2021
This level 1 training will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of simulation and optimization of nitric acid plants and nitrous vapors absorption. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the training, participants will have the required elements to assess the benefits of simulation and to analyse rigorously a process with a flowsheeting software. Additionally they will have a practical experience of the ProSimPlus HNO3 simulator.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in design, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions.
The training takes place over 4 half days :
- Tuesday 2 November - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 9:00 am to 12:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Wednesday 3 November - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 9:00 am to 12:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Thursday 4 November - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 9:00 am to 12:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Friday 5 November - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 9:00 am to 12:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Getting started with ProSimPlus HNO3
- General description
- Description of the graphical interface
- Application example
- Physical properties (general database and database dedicated to nitric acid production and nitrous vapors absorption)
- Calculation models of phase equilibrium, enthalpies and transport properties dedicated to nitric acid production and nitrous vapors absorption
- Other models of phase equilibrium calculation, enthalpy and transport properties
- Simulis Thermodynamics: management of thermodynamics within ProSimPlus HNO3
- Application examples
- Chemical reactions
- Chemical reaction in nitric acid production units and nitrous vapors absorption units
- Representation of other reactions
- Unit operations modeling
- General presentation of the graphical interface of the modules
- Unit operations dedicated to nitric acid production and nitrous vapors absorption (nitrous vapor condensers, oxido-absorption columns, heat exchangers with oxidation reaction...)
- General unit operations (mixers & separators, heat exchangers, vapor-liquid flash , fluid transport, chemical reactors, vapor-liquid distillation)
- Controls, specifications, constraints and recycles
- Management of constraints and recycles
- Information transfer
- Resolution tools
- Application examples
- Advanced use: scripting in ProSimPlus HNO3
- Application examples
- Case studies and exercises
- Mono-pressure process
- NOx absorption packing column
- Dual-pressure process
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes. If you don't have the software in your contract, this training course is not included in your MUTS Services contract.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 990 € (before tax) or 1190 US$ per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of the session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros or 340 US$ will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3h30 spread over 4 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Software to be used: Simulis Thermodynamics, Simulis Properties and Simulis Conversions.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: ProSimPlus HNO3
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in chemical process simulation (suggested prerequisite)