Thermodynamic calculations in Excel with Simulis Thermodynamics
This level 1 training course aims at introducing the different elements of the Simulis products, in particular of Simulis Thermodynamics & ProPhyPlus, and their utilization in Excel or MATLAB environments.
By the end of the session, trainees will have a sound understanding of the concepts that will make the basis of tomorrow's software and will know how to use the most important functions of Simulis components, create Excel spreadsheets and MATLAB toolboxes.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This session is designed for the persons involved in the calculation of thermodynamic properties (enthalpy, entropy, viscosity, thermal conductivity...) or in phase equilibrium calculations. It is particularly relevant for engineers who create calculation tools in Excel and MATLAB.
- General presentation
- Available components
- Simulis Thermodynamics
- Available services
- Integration capabilities of Simulis
- Simulis Thermodynamics in Microsoft Excel
- Simulis objects use
- Simulis Functionalities
- Tips and tricks
- Choosing the components
- Choosing the thermodynamic model
- Simulis System
- Simulis Compound
- Simulis Compounds
- Simulis Calculator
- Simulis Calculators
- Application example
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 2 sessions of 3h30 spread over 2 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Software to be used: Simulis Thermodynamics, Simulis Properties and Simulis Conversions.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: Simulis Thermodynamics and ProPhyPlus.
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Basic knowledge in thermodynamics
- Understanding of the importance of thermodynamics in a process
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.