Thermodynamic calculations in Excel with Simulis Thermodynamics
This level 1 training course aims at introducing the different elements of the Simulis products, in particular of Simulis Thermodynamics & ProPhyPlus, and their utilization in Excel or MATLAB environments.
By the end of the session, trainees will have a sound understanding of the concepts that will make the basis of tomorrow's software and will know how to use the most important functions of Simulis components, create Excel spreadsheets and MATLAB toolboxes.
Who should attend?
This session is designed for the persons involved in the calculation of thermodynamic properties (enthalpy, entropy, viscosity, thermal conductivity...) or in phase equilibrium calculations. It is particularly relevant for engineers who create calculation tools in Excel and MATLAB.
One day (9h00 - 18h00)
- General presentation
- Available components
- Simulis Thermodynamics
- Available services
- Integration capabilities of Simulis
- Simulis Thermodynamics in Microsoft Excel
- Simulis objects use
- Simulis Functionalities
- Tips and tricks
- Choosing the components
- Choosing the thermodynamic model
- Simulis System
- Simulis Compound
- Simulis Compounds
- Simulis Calculator
- Simulis Calculators
- Application example
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: One day or several half days
- Material: one computer for two persons is recommended
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Location: you choose the location for the training course (on-site, ProSim's office, online...)
- Software: Simulis Thermodynamics, Simulis Properties and Simulis Conversions.
- Basic knowledge in thermodynamics
- Understanding of the importance of thermodynamics in a process