- SIMULATION & FLOWSHEETING
- Steady-state simulation and optimization of processes
- ProSimPlus HNO3
- Simulation and optimization of nitric acid plants and nitrous vapors absorption
- ProSim DAC
- Dynamic adsorption column simulation
- BATCH PROCESSES
- Simulation and optimization of batch distillation columns
- Simulation of chemical reactors in batch mode
- HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Simulation of brazed plate fin heat exchangers
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- ProSimPlus Energy
- Simulation and optimization for energy efficiency of steady-state processes
- Simulis Pinch
- Process energy integration in Microsoft Excel
- We make sure to deliver a Premium Support and knowledge for you to realize the full potential and functionalities of your software. Our customers are our Priority!
- View it, Read it, Download it, Test it...
- APPLICATION EXAMPLES
- With ProSimPlus
- With ProSimPlus HNO3
- With ProSim DAC
- With Simulis Thermodynamics
- With BatchReactor
- With ProSec
- GETTING STARTED WITH ...
- Presentations (demos) to take the first steps with the software
- Simulis Thermodynamics
- We are dedicated to bringing you the best in process simulation and optimization.
- PROSIM NEWS & EVENTS
- PRESS RELEASES
- Follow ProSim latest news
- Read the last newsletter
- EVENTS & CONFERENCES
- Meet with us during professionnal events around the world
ProSim is making these application examples available to you to demonstrate how our simulation solutions are able to handle the different processes encountered in the chemical industries.
Note: these files are provided "as is" without any warranty of any nature whatsoever. ProSim does not warrant that the functions contained in the programs are error free nor that they will meet user's requirements. ProSim makes no warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. ProSim shall have no responsibility or liability for damages arising out of or related to the delivery, use, efficiency, or suitability of these examples or the application of the results.
With Simulis Thermodynamics
The examples presented below are designed to illustrate the use of Simulis Thermodynamics for different types of calculation, under MS Excel. Far from being complete this list demonstrates the capabilities of the software in terms of flexibility and reliability.
To run these examples, you need to have a valid version of Simulis Thermodynamics installed on your computer. Once the example is open, you need to "force calculation" to view the results.
Double pipe (single phase) heat exchanger
Calculates the length of a double pipe heat exchanger at given input and output temperature of the process fluid.
Calculate the necessary number of plates in a distillation column to separate two given substances, for given separation specification, reflux ratio and pressure
Pressure relief valves
Determine the maximum mass flux for a valve according to the range of pressure defined by the user and compute the relief valve nozzle (orifice) size.
Steam electric boiler
Determine the necessary water input flowrate to obtain a specified vapor flowrate using a steam electric boiler
Calculate the power of a pump and the output temperature from given input temperature, input and output pressure.
Calculate the power generated by an expander and the output temperature from given input temperature, pressure and fixed output pressure.