Advanced process simulation and energy efficiency analysis with ProSimPlus
From 28 November 2023 to 1 December 2023
This level 2 training course will enable participants to master the principles of continuous steady state processes simulation and modeling. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
• Quantify the energy performances of the processes and optimize them,
• Use pinch technology to compare consumption of utilities with theoretical minima (carry out an energy diagnosis),
• combine the energy analysis of a process and the production of associated utilities all without leaving the process simulator
• Design efficient heat exchanger networks
• Install equipment to improve the energy efficiency of processes: Heat pump, ORC, Methanisation, Fuel turbine, Boiler ...
• Evaluate the proposed solutions from an economic point of view
Participants will have an advanced experience in both the use of the ProSimPlus software for energy, exergy and economical evaluation of their process, and also will be proficient with the use of Simulis Pinch software for the design of energy efficient heat exchanger network.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and energy efficiency analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions. This session is also very relevant for the energy managers, energy auditors, eco-efficient facilities designers, and all other engineers responsible to solve these important challenges.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
The training takes place over 4 half days :
- Tuesday 28 November: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Wednesday 29 November: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Thursday 30 November: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Friday 1 December: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Overview about ProSimPlus
- Main functionalities under ProSimPlus
- Pinch module:
- Pinch methodology
- Pinch module for energy diagnostic in ProSimPlus
- Simulis Pinch:
- Software introduction
- Heat exchanger network synthesis (theory and practice)
- Exergy module:
- Exergy: theory and concept
- Exergy analysis of a process
- Exergy module in ProSimPlus
- Specific unit operations for energy efficiency:
- Thermodynamic cycles: heat pump, generalized heat pump, ORC...
- Energy production: combustion, boiler, fuel turbine, fuel engine...
- Waste treatment: methanization reactor,...
- Economic evaluation module:
- Use of the module in ProSimPlus
Cost and Conditions
- LEVEL 2 training courses are not included in the MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract. The cost of this training session is 1290 € (before tax) or 1390 US$ per person.
It includes the training participation, lunch, refreshments and documentation. Other travel and accommodation costs are not included.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of the session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros or 340 US$ will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3h30 spread over 4 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: ProSimPlus, ProSimPlus Energy
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Rules of procedure for distance learning: [pdf document]
- Steady state processes modeling and simulation (level 1)
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.