Advanced process simulation and energy efficiency analysis with ProSimPlus
This level 2 training course will enable participants to master the principles of continuous steady state processes simulation and modeling. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
• Quantify the energy performances of the processes and optimize them,
• Use pinch technology to compare consumption of utilities with theoretical minima (carry out an energy diagnosis),
• combine the energy analysis of a process and the production of associated utilities all without leaving the process simulator
• Design efficient heat exchanger networks
• Install equipment to improve the energy efficiency of processes: Heat pump, ORC, Methanisation, Fuel turbine, Boiler ...
• Evaluate the proposed solutions from an economic point of view
Participants will have an advanced experience in both the use of the ProSimPlus software for energy, exergy and economical evaluation of their process, and also will be proficient with the use of Simulis Pinch software for the design of energy efficient heat exchanger network.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and energy efficiency analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions. This session is also very relevant for the energy managers, energy auditors, eco-efficient facilities designers, and all other engineers responsible to solve these important challenges.
Day one: 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Overview about ProSimPlus
- Main functionalities under ProSimPlus
- Pinch module:
- Pinch methodology
- Pinch module for energy diagnostic in ProSimPlus
- Simulis Pinch:
- Software introduction
- Heat exchanger network synthesis (theory and practice)
Day two: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Exergy module:
- Exergy: theory and concept
- Exergy analysis of a process
- Exergy module in ProSimPlus
- Specific unit operations for energy efficiency:
- Thermodynamic cycles: heat pump, generalized heat pump, ORC...
- Energy production: combustion, boiler, fuel turbine, fuel engine...
- Waste treatment: methanization reactor,...
- Economic evaluation module:
- Use of the module in ProSimPlus
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: two days onsite or several half days online
- Material: one computer per participant
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Location: you choose the location for the training course (on-site, ProSim's office, online...)
- Software: ProSimPlus, Simulis Pinch
- Level 1 course: steady state processes modeling and simulation
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)
- Advanced stead-state processes modeling and simulation