Advanced steady state processes modeling and simulation
From 23 November 2021 to 26 November 2021
The objective of this Level 2 training is to strengthen the competencies of using the simulation software, ProSimPlus. You will learn how to converge complex files and use advanced options (scripts, users DLL) and the optimization modules within the software.
At the end of the training, participants will have the required elements to assess the benefits of simulation and to analyse rigorously a process with a flowsheeting software. Additionally they will have an advanced experience of the ProSimPlus simulator.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions. This session is also very relevant for R&D engineers and researchers using simulation software for process synthesis.
The training takes place over 4 half days :
- Tuesday 23 November: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Wednesday 24 November: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Thursday 25 November: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Friday 26 November: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Software personalization: Scripting
- Scripting in ProSimPlus
- Scripting in Simulis Thermodynamics
- Software personalization: DLL users
- Examples of complex convergence
- Flowsheets (recycling, sensitivy studies...)
- Columns (numerical parameters, initialization...)
- Use of optimization modules
- Optimization: Sequential Quadratic Programming" (SQP), Users DLL
- Stochastic optimization: AG and multi-criteria optimization
- ProSimPlus Console
- Command line version
Cost and Conditions
- LEVEL 2 training courses are not included in the MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract. The cost of this training session is 990 € (before tax) or 1190 US$ per person.
It includes the training participation, lunch, refreshments and documentation. Other travel and accommodation costs are not included.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of the session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros or 340 US$ will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3h30 spread over 4 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Software to be used: Simulis Thermodynamics, Simulis Properties and Simulis Conversions.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: ProSimPlus
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Rules of procedure for distance learning: [pdf document]
- Steady state processes modeling and simulation (level 1)
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowled
ge of each future participant.
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (course to be taken before hand)