The basics of process simulation: introduction to the use of ProSimPlus Energy
This level 1 training course will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of continuous steady state processes simulation and modeling. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the training, participants will have the elements necessary to evaluate the benefits of the simulation and to carry out a process analysis with a flowsheeting software. They will have hands-on experience using the ProSimPlus Energy software.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and energy efficiency analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions.
This training is also intended for people who have already taken the training "Steady-state processes modeling and simulation" and wanted to update their knowledge on ProSimPlus or ProSimPlus Energy.
Duration : from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Physical properties
- Thermodynamic approach
- Managing thermodynamic in ProSimPlus: Simulis Thermodynamics
- ProSimPlus Energy features
- Unit operations simulation
- Feed product stream, mixers, splitters, separators, heat exchangers, flashes, fluid transport....
- Controls–Specifications and constraints-recycles
- Advanced use with the scripting module in ProSimPlus Energy
- Case study
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: One day or several half days online
- Material: one computer per person
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Location: you choose the location for the training course (on-site, ProSim's office, online...)
- Software: ProSimPlus, ProSimPlus Energy
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)
- Advanced process simulation and energy efficiency analysis with ProSimPlus
- Advanced stead-state processes modeling and simulation