Introduction to Simulis Pinch (Water) and pinch analysis
From 23 March 2023 to 24 March 2023
to 24 Mar. 2023
If included in MUTS contract - free
The objective of this level 1 training is to master the fundamental principles of the water pinch method (also called mass pinch) and its implementation through Simulis Pinch Water for the synthesis of water exchangers networks.
At the end of the training session, participants will have the required elements to:
• Quantify the water network performances of a process and optimize it.
• Easily perform water pinch method (« water pinch analysis WPA ») in order to compare the water consumption and process discharges compared to theoretical minima (achieve a "water" diagnosis of a process).
• Design efficient water networks to optimize process performance
Ultimately they will have a practical experience of the Water module of Simulis Pinch software allowing them to effectively practice the knowledge acquired during the training.
Who should attend?
This training is intended for engineers whose activity relates to the design, optimization and analysis of processes as well as for engineers in charge of the performances of a process. This training was designed specifically for people confronted with the environmental challenges of processes: energy and water managers at sites, process audit professionals, eco-efficient facilities designers.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
The training takes place over 2 half-days:
- Thursday 23 March: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 9:00 am to 12:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Friday 24 March: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 9:00 am to 12:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Energy integration of processes
- Pinch method:
- Theory of the water pinch method
- Water diagnostic of processes
- Simulis Pinch:
- Software overview
- Synthesis of water exchangers network (theory and practice)
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 690 € (before tax) per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of this session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 2 sessions of 3h30 spread over 2 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software to be used: Simulis Pinch
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Background in energy efficiency
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.