Simulation des procédés continus en régime permanent : initiation à l’utilisation de ProSimPlus
From 28 September 2021 to 1 October 2021
This level 1 training course will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of continuous steady state processes simulation and modeling. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the training, participants will have the required elements to assess the benefits of simulation and to analyse rigorously a process with a flowsheeting software. Additionally they will have a practical experience of the ProSimPlus simulator.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions. This session is also very relevant for R&D engineers and researchers using simulation software for process synthesis.
The training takes place over 4 half-days: Tuesday September 28 (8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. CET, Paris time), Wednesday September 29 (8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. CET, Paris time), Thursday September 30 (8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. CET, Paris time) and Friday October 1 (8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. CET, Paris time)
- Mass and energy balances
- Main principles
- Physical properties
- Thermodynamic approach
- Managing thermodynamic in ProSimPlus: Simulis Thermodynamics
- Simulis Thermodynamics application examples
- Chemical reactions
- Unit operations modeling
- Feed, exchangers, reactors, distillation columns...
- Case study
- Controls, specifications, constraints and recycles
- Numerical aspects,(non linear algebraic equations, solvers, module oriented and equation oriented simulators)
- Case Study
- Short overview of Windows Script module and scripting in ProSimPlus
- Case studies and exercises
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 990 € (before tax) per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of this session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3h30 spread over 4 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Software to be used: ProSimPlus.
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)