Steady state processes modeling and simulation
This level 1 training course will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of continuous steady state processes simulation and modeling. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the training, participants will have the required elements to assess the benefits of simulation and to analyse rigorously a process with a flowsheeting software. Additionally they will have a practical experience of the ProSimPlus simulator.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions. This session is also very relevant for R&D engineers and researchers using simulation software for process synthesis.
1st day ( 9:00am - 6:00pm)
- Mass and energy balances
- Main principles
- Physical properties
- Thermodynamic approach
- Managing thermodynamic in ProSimPlus: Simulis Thermodynamics
- Simulis Thermodynamics application examples
- Chemical reactions
- Unit operations modeling
- Feed, exchangers, reactors, distillation columns...
- Case study
2nd day (9:00am - 5:00pm)
- Controls, specifications, constraints and recycles
- Numerical aspects,(non linear algebraic equations, solvers, module oriented and equation oriented simulators)
- Case Study
- Short overview of Windows Script module and scripting in ProSimPlus
- Case studies and exercises
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: two days or several half days
- Material: one computer per participant
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Location: you choose the location for the training course (on-site, ProSim's office, online...)
- Software: ProSimPlus
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)