Steady state processes modeling and simulation
This level 1 training course will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of continuous steady state processes simulation and modeling. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the training, participants will have the required elements to assess the benefits of simulation and to analyse rigorously a process with a flowsheeting software. Additionally they will have a practical experience of the ProSimPlus simulator.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions. This session is also very relevant for R&D engineers and researchers using simulation software for process synthesis.
- Mass and energy balances
- Main principles
- Physical properties
- Thermodynamic approach
- Managing thermodynamic in ProSimPlus: Simulis Thermodynamics
- Simulis Thermodynamics application examples
- Chemical reactions
- Unit operations modeling
- Feed, exchangers, reactors, distillation columns...
- Case study
- Controls, specifications, constraints and recycles
- Numerical aspects,(non linear algebraic equations, solvers, module oriented and equation oriented simulators)
- Case Study
- Short overview of Windows Script module and scripting in ProSimPlus
- Case studies and exercises
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: two days on site or several half-days online
- Location: on customer site, at ProSim, virtually ...
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Language: training can take place in French or English.
- Equipment: one computer per person is recommended. A software license will be provided by ProSim for the duration of the training if necessary.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Materials used: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Methods used and assessment methods: the assessment of prior learning is carried out during training by carrying out several practical exercises.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: ProSimPlus
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)