Thermodynamic approach in process simulation
Trainees will see how important is the work on pure components properties and will learn how to select the correct thermodynamic model to be able to accurately model physical phenomena.
At the end of the training session, participants will be better equipped to answer thermodynamic issues they encounter in their regular activities and will have a practical knowledge of the utilization of thermodynamic calculation tools such as Simulis Thermodynamics and ProPhyPlus.
Who should attend?
The training session is dedicated to all technicians and engineers involved in properties calculation (enthalpy, entropy, viscosity, thermal conductivity...) and in fluid phase equilibrium calculations.
The training takes place over 2 half days :
- Thursday 21 October : 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Friday 22 October: 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Introduction: Influence of thermodynamic models on simulation results
- Thermodynamic properties and phase equilibrium main principles
- Pure components - equations of state
- Phase equilibrium and enthalpies calculations
- Equation of state approach
- Gamma-phi approach
- Combined models
- Electrolytes solutions and specific models
- Transport properties calculations
- Initiation to Simulis Thermodynamics, ProPhyPlus
- Selecting thermodynamic models
- Application examples
Cost and Conditions
- LEVEL 2 training courses are not included in the MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract. The cost of this training session is 590 € (before tax) or 710 US$ per person.
It includes the training participation, lunch, refreshments and documentation. Other travel and accommodation costs are not included.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of the session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros or 340 US$ will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 2 sessions of 3h30 spread over 2 days.
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during practical application sessions. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the various software required (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). This type of training, on the other hand, requires a quality internet connection; please check with your IT department beforehand.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Software to be used: Simulis Thermodynamics, ProPhyPlus
- Course: 'Introduction to Simulis components utilization'
- Basic notions in thermodynamics
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of thermodynamics in process modeling