Thermodynamic approach in process simulation
Trainees will see how important is the work on pure components properties and will learn how to select the correct thermodynamic model to be able to accurately model physical phenomena.
At the end of the training session, participants will be better equipped to answer thermodynamic issues they encounter in their regular activities and will have a practical knowledge of the utilization of thermodynamic calculation tools such as Simulis Thermodynamics and ProPhyPlus.
Who should attend?
The training session is dedicated to all technicians and engineers involved in properties calculation (enthalpy, entropy, viscosity, thermal conductivity...) and in fluid phase equilibrium calculations.
One day (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Introduction: Influence of thermodynamic models on simulation results
- Thermodynamic properties and phase equilibrium main principles
- Pure components - equations of state
- Phase equilibrium and enthalpies calculations
- Equation of state approach
- Gamma-phi approach
- Combined models
- Electrolytes solutions and specific models
- Transport properties calculations
- Initiation to Simulis Thermodynamics, ProPhyPlus
- Selecting thermodynamic models
- Application examples
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: One day on site or several half days online
- Material: one computer per person
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Location: you choose the location for the training course (on-site, ProSim's office, online...)
- Software: Simulis Thermodynamics, ProPhyPlus
- Course: 'Introduction to Simulis components utilization'
- Basic notions in thermodynamics
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of thermodynamics in process modeling