Thermodynamic calculations in Excel with Simulis Thermodynamics
From 15 November 2022 to 16 November 2022
to 16 Nov. 2022
If included in MUTS contract - free
This level 1 training course aims at introducing the different elements of the Simulis products, in particular of Simulis Thermodynamics & ProPhyPlus, and their utilization in Excel or MATLAB environments.
By the end of the session, trainees will have a sound understanding of the concepts that will make the basis of tomorrow's software and will know how to use the most important functions of Simulis components, create Excel spreadsheets and MATLAB toolboxes.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This session is designed for the persons involved in the calculation of thermodynamic properties (enthalpy, entropy, viscosity, thermal conductivity...) or in phase equilibrium calculations. It is particularly relevant for engineers who create calculation tools in Excel and MATLAB.
The training takes place over 2 half days :
- Tuesday 15 November: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm CET (Paris Time) or 3:30 pm - 7:00 pm (China Standard Time)
- Wednesday 16 November: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm CET (Paris Time) or 3:30 pm - 7:00 pm (China Standard Time)
- General presentation
- Available components
- Simulis Thermodynamics
- Available services
- Integration capabilities of Simulis
- Simulis Thermodynamics in Microsoft Excel
- Simulis objects use
- Simulis Functionalities
- Tips and tricks
- Choosing the components
- Choosing the thermodynamic model
- Simulis System
- Simulis Compound
- Simulis Compounds
- Simulis Calculator
- Simulis Calculators
- Application example
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 690 € (before tax) or 800 US$ per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of the session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros or 340 US$ will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 2 sessions of 3h30 spread over 2 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Software to be used: Simulis Thermodynamics, Simulis Properties and Simulis Conversions.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: Simulis Thermodynamics and ProPhyPlus.
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Basic knowledge in thermodynamics
- Understanding of the importance of thermodynamics in a process
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.