Batch chemical reactors modeling and simulation
This level 1 training course covers chemical synthesis processes and the different methods to better handle this type of process. Attendees will learn how to optimize reactor yield, to better control reaction and to avoid runaways. They will also learn how to use kinetic data in order to simulate chemical reactions.
At the end of the training, attendees will be better equipped to study the different aspects of this type of process (choice of equipment, production yield...) as well as the associated issues (security, scale-up...). The training will use the BatchReactor software.
Who should attend?
This training session is particularly relevant to chemists and chemical engineers involved in security, sizing or optimization studies of batch processes with chemical reactors and engineers that manufacture this type of equipment.
First day: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Chemical system description
- Mass & energy balance
- Reactions speed
- Components & Thermodynamics
- Physico-chemical properties
- Equilibrium calculations
- Transport properties
- Simulis Thermodynamics within BatchReactor
- Kinetic parameters identification
- Experimental data
- Simulis Kinetics
Second day: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Batch reactors modeling
- Technology database
- Simulis Technologies
- Chemical reactions
- Simulis Reactions
- Process Modeling
- Operations steps
- Feeds / Sidestreams
- BatchReactor: examples
Cost and Conditions
- ProSim is a certified training center.
- Duration: two days on site or several half days online
- Material: one computer per participant is recommended
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Location: you choose the location for the training course (on-site, ProSim's office, online...)
- Software: BatchReactor
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Basic knowledge in software utilization
Additional relevant training sessions
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)
- Batch distillation columns modeling and simulation