Simulation des colonnes de distillation discontinues
From 11 October 2021 to 14 October 2021
Trainees will study different rigorous methods to analyse issues related to batch distillation (design, quality control...) using the BatchColumn software.
At the end of the session, participants will be better equipped to evaluate the optimization potential of the different parameters that govern their column and to plan for modification on their equipment.
Who should attend?
This level 1 training session is designed for those involved in safety, sizing, design and optimization studies of distillation columns, in particular engineers working on batch production processes or in laboratories. It is also relevant to those involved in solvent regeneration and in VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) treatment.
The training takes place over 4 half-days: Monday October 11 (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET, Paris time), Tuesday October 12 (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET, Paris time), Wednesday October 13 (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET, Paris time) and Thursday October 14 (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET, Paris time)
- Main characteristics
- Numerical methods
- General Methodology
- Compounds & Thermodynamics
- Physico-chemical properties
- Equilibria calculations
- Transport properties
- Simulis Thermodynamics within BatchColumn: presentation & examples
- Modeling of a batch column
- Column topology
- Theoretical stages / plate efficiency / column internal
- Hold-up and pressure profiles
- Initial conditions
- Feeds / sidestreams
- Condenser / decanter
- Heating / cooling device
- BatchColumn: presentation and examples
- Technological database
- Simulis Technologies: presentation
- Process Modeling
- Operating steps
- Operating modes
- Feeds / sidestreams
- Heat losses and inputs
- Report parameters
- Calculation starting
- - BatchColumn (cont.): presentation & examples
- Reactive distillation
- Using chemical reactions in BatchColumn
- BatchColumn (cont.): presentation & examples
- Chemical reaction description
- Simulis Reactions: presentation
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 990 € (before tax) per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of this session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3h30 spread over 4 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Software to be used: BatchColumn
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Basic knowledge in software utilization
Additional relevant trainings
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)
- Batch chemical reactors simulation