Simulation des réacteurs chimiques discontinus
From 21 February 2022 to 24 February 2022
This level 1 training course covers chemical synthesis processes and the different methods to better handle this type of process. Attendees will learn how to optimize reactor yield, to better control reaction and to avoid runaways. They will also learn how to use kinetic data in order to simulate chemical reactions.
At the end of the training, attendees will be better equipped to study the different aspects of this type of process (choice of equipment, production yield...) as well as the associated issues (security, scale-up...). The training will use the BatchReactor software.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This training session is particularly relevant to chemists and chemical engineers involved in security, sizing or optimization studies of batch processes with chemical reactors and engineers that manufacture this type of equipment.
The training takes place over 4 half-days:
Monday 21 February (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET - Paris Time),
Tuesday 22 February (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET - Paris Time),
Wednesday 23 February (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET - Paris Time),
Thusrday 24 February (2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. CET - Paris Time).
- Chemical system description
- Mass & energy balance
- Reactions speed
- Components & Thermodynamics
- Physico-chemical properties
- Equilibrium calculations
- Transport properties
- Simulis Thermodynamics within BatchReactor
- Kinetic parameters identification
- Experimental data
- Simulis Kinetics
- Batch reactors modeling
- Technology database
- Simulis Technologies
- Chemical reactions
- Simulis Reactions
- Process Modeling
- Operations steps
- Feeds / Sidestreams
- BatchReactor: examples
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 990 € (before tax) per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of this session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3h30 spread over 4 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Software to be used: Simulis Thermodynamics, Simulis Properties and Simulis Conversions.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: BatchReactor
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Rules of procedure for distance learning: [pdf document]
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Basic knowledge in software utilization
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.
Additional relevant trainings
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)
- Batch distillation columns modeling and simulation