Simulation des réacteurs chimiques discontinus
From 5 October 2020 to 6 October 2020
This level 1 training course covers chemical synthesis processes and the different methods to better handle this type of process. Attendees will learn how to optimize reactor yield, to better control reaction and to avoid runaways. They will also learn how to use kinetic data in order to simulate chemical reactions.
At the end of the training, attendees will be better equipped to study the different aspects of this type of process (choice of equipment, production yield...) as well as the associated issues (security, scale-up...). The training will use the BatchReactor software.
Who should attend?
This training session is particularly relevant to chemists and chemical engineers involved in security, sizing or optimization studies of batch processes with chemical reactors and engineers that manufacture this type of equipment.
First day: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Chemical system description
- Mass & energy balance
- Reactions speed
- Components & Thermodynamics
- Physico-chemical properties
- Equilibrium calculations
- Transport properties
- Simulis Thermodynamics within BatchReactor
- Kinetic parameters identification
- Experimental data
- Simulis Kinetics
Second day: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Batch reactors modeling
- Technology database
- Simulis Technologies
- Chemical reactions
- Simulis Reactions
- Process Modeling
- Operations steps
- Feeds / Sidestreams
- BatchReactor: examples
Cost and Conditions
- The cost of this training session is 990 Euros (Exc VAT) per person.
- It includes the training participation, lunch, refreshments and documentation. Other travel and accommodation costs are not included.
A 290 Euros fee will be charged for cancellations within last week before session date.
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- As the number of participants is limited, please register at least 10 days before the training session.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel a course if there are not enough participants.
- Duration: two consecutive days
- Material: one computer for two persons
- Approach: The training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Software to be used: BatchReactor
- Location: ProSim's office in Labège (Toulouse)
- Accommodation: some useful addresses here
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Basic knowledge in software utilization
Additional relevant trainings
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)
- Batch distillation columns modeling and simulation