Steady state processes modeling and simulation
From 26 October 2021 to 29 October 2021
This level 1 training course will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of continuous steady state processes simulation and modeling. Trainees will study issues related to physico-chemical properties, unit operation modeling, mass-energy balances and numerical aspects.
At the end of the training, participants will have the required elements to assess the benefits of simulation and to analyse rigorously a process with a flowsheeting software. Additionally they will have a practical experience of the ProSimPlus simulator.
These objectives are evaluated at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of an installation running under different operating conditions. This session is also very relevant for R&D engineers and researchers using simulation software for process synthesis.
The training takes place over 4 half days :
- Tuesday 26 October - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Wednesday 27October - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Thursday 28 October - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Friday 29 October - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Mass and energy balances
- Main principles
- Physical properties
- Thermodynamic approach
- Managing thermodynamic in ProSimPlus: Simulis Thermodynamics
- Simulis Thermodynamics application examples
- Chemical reactions
- Unit operations modeling
- Feed, exchangers, reactors, distillation columns...
- Case study
- Controls, specifications, constraints and recycles
- Numerical aspects,(non linear algebraic equations, solvers, module oriented and equation oriented simulators)
- Case Study
- Short overview of Windows Script module and scripting in ProSimPlus
- Case studies and exercises
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 990 € (before tax) or 1190 US$ per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of the session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 5 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros or 340 US$ will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Before the date of the training course, a 30-minute test session will be organized to validate that our online training environment is working properly with your material.
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3h30 spread over 4 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Accessibility: contact us if you have a disability.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand. We recommend to have two screens for the training course.
- Material support: educational booklet, Powerpoint presentation, computer with software installed.
- Trainers: all our training courses are led by experienced trainers recognized by their peers. Our trainers are the same persons who develop the software and take care of Support.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Assessment method: a learning assessment sheet is supervised by the trainer for each participant during the session.
- Software to be used: Simulis Thermodynamics, Simulis Properties and Simulis Conversions.
- Training follow-up: the follow-up of the execution of the action is done with the signature of attendance sheets by each trainee and by the evaluation sheet of the training session.
- Software: ProSimPlus
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be issued.
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Knowledge in thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment
Information is collected before the training in order to identify the knowledge of each future participant.
Additional relevant training
- Thermodynamic approach in process simulation (suggested prerequisite)