Introduction to Simulis Pinch (Energy) and pinch analysis
From 16 November 2021 to 17 November 2021
This level 1 training course will enable participants to master the fundamental principles of the pinch method and its practice through Simulis Pinch Energy for the synthesis of heat exchangers networks.
At the end of the training session, participants will have the required elements to:
• Quantify the energy performance of a process and optimize it.
• Easily perform thermal pinch method (« pinch technology ») in order to compare actual heating and cooling utilities against targets to eliminate unnecessary energy use (achieve an energy audit).
• Conceive optimal heat exchangers networks to improve energy recovery and global energy efficiency of processes.
Ultimately they will have a practical experience of the Energy module of Simulis Pinch software allowing them to effectively practice the knowledge acquired during the training.
Who should attend?
This training session is designed for engineers involved in conception, optimization and analysis of processes and for those in charge of the efficiency of a process. This session is very relevant for engineers facing the energy challenges: energy managers, energy auditors, eco-efficient facilities designers.
The training takes place over 2 half days :
- Tuesday 16 November - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Wednesday 17 November - 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm CET (Paris Time) or 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST (New York Time)
- Energy integration of processes
- Pinch method:
- Theory of the energy pinch method
- Energy diagnostic of processes
- Simulis Pinch:
- Software overview
- Synthesis of heat exchangers network (theory and practice)
Cost and Conditions
- The companies under MUTS Services (Maintenance, Update, Training and Support) contract can register for free (subject to availability) for level 1 training sessions that are related to software covered by their contract. The same applies to universities and public research centers as part of their contract for the use of ProSim software for teaching and / or research purposes. If you don't have the software in your contract, this training course is not included in your MUTS Services contract.
- If this training is not part of a MUTS Services contract, the cost is 590 € (before tax) or 710 US$ per person. This price includes participation in training sessions and the training manual in electronic format.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the course and ensure good pedagogical follow-up during the course, the number of available places is limited.
- We thank you for sending us your pre-registration at least 8 days before the start date of the session. We will then confirm your final registration no later than 7 days before the start of the session.
- If the number of pre-registered exceeds the number of places available, not all requests can be satisfied, especially if they come from the same company.
- In order not to deprive other users of the opportunity to follow this training, once we have confirmed your final registration, if you do not attend to the training, an administrative fee of 290 Euros or 340 US$ will automatically be invoiced to you.
- ProSim reserves the right to cancel or not to open this training session if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Duration: 2 sessions of 3h30 spread over 2 days
- Location: online training. Login information will be sent to you prior to the training session.
- Equipment: we have a virtual training room that allows training to be provided online and to follow each trainee individually, especially during the exercices. A web browser is sufficient to have access to the required software (no installation of particular software on your computer is necessary). However, this type of training requires a good internet connection, please check with your IT department beforehand.
- Teaching method: the training course consists in theoretical lectures and applications exercises. A number of concrete case studies are discussed.
- Software to be used: the Energy module of Simulis Pinch
- Background in chemical engineering / process engineering
- Background in energy efficiency
- Basic knowledge in software utilization in windows environment